View Single Post
Old 01-13-2017, 11:54 PM   #50
dsraven

Re: Roof replacement?

that piece with the yellow box around it belongs to the old roof panel. if you check the new roof panel i think it comes with that part. the other part of the roof 9the big top part) is spot welded, originally, to that filler piece and then the filler piece is spot welded to the inner panel, then the window rubber covers the spot welds, correct?
the roof panel comes with the "eyebrow" attached I believe.so the large part of the roof panel returns towards the windshield, and there is a filler piece that goes from there to the inner panel and is spot welded at the windshield rubber raised edge. that part in the pic is actually a piece of the filler panel. the new roof panel comes with the filler panel and you just have to weld, or whatever your plan is,the roof to the inner roof panels.
check "kabwe aka bam's build" post #4. there is a pic there that shows a new roof panel with the filler part in view.
if you check the attached pic you will see the piece that I am talking about between the plug welds at the return edge of the roof and the windshield rubber seating lip. I was lucky enough to have a spare part kicking around to replace the rusty spot. I replaced the inner and outer panel up to the return edge
Attached Images

dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote