View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 09:55 AM   #44
special-K
Special Order

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil....users?

^^^ Could help free up a stuck ring if that's the problem ^^^

I think some people get hung up on the name. I take the "mystery" part with a grain of salt and enjoy a fantastic product that does much of what it claims and probably better than anything else out there, no matter what they call it. There are over a half a century of testimonials for proof it's more than snake oil. Is there a product on the shelves in a can at your parts store that isn't a mystery of what the contents actually are or what it is that makes the product do what it claims? What is Liquid wrench? I've poured out the whole can and never saw a wrench. What's in Kroil? Creep? PB Blaster? How about Sea Foam? I thought sea foam in an engine ruined it. It's just a name. These are all ready-mixed concoctions that most anyone could duplicate IF we knew the proportions and ingredients. Same as those taco seasoning packets we use. I'm sure the FAA wants to see a plane engine torn down and parts replaced rather than risk endorsing an easy fix. We're talking flying here, not breaking downing on the side of the road.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~

Last edited by special-K; 10-24-2017 at 09:26 PM.
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote