View Single Post
Old 10-24-2017, 10:34 PM   #46
71CHEVYSHORTBED402

Re: Marvel Mystery Oil....users?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truckster View Post
I wouldn't expect too much. While MMO is great at unstickung things like lifters, if your engine is burning or leaking oil it won't help with that.
I wouldn't imagine it would. I don't know engines, but if anything, seems you'd be more likely to use more. The engine is tired IMO. If it was a good build, I'd guess it's on it's last 20K. It runs well though, no clicks, clanks or smoke. I figure MMO may extend some life.

My other 402 ran like a top before I put her to sleep. 40K on it, oil always crystal clear and not a drop added between changes. I'm thinking on the maiden voyage, which will have been 2-3 years, I may use that MMO. Perhaps not with the first start, but shortly thereafter. Not sure I'll run it for long though. See what happens.
71 Custom Deluxe, SWB, 2WD, 402, A/C. I developed an assm. guide "kit" for restoring it from ground up. With assys, the guide accts for 1000s of OEM identifications and part numbers, all written in short order. 700+ images include assm, illust., charts, and points of interest. Much of the info. applies to all 67-72 GM trucks, and to a lessor degree all 67-72 GM vehicles. My build thread, and more on the guide https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=730025
71CHEVYSHORTBED402 is offline   Reply With Quote