View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
BONUSCAB

Re: K30 frame question

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs74 View Post
I went out and was looking at the frame thinking about going ahead and shortening it. It only lacks a few inches at the very rear of the frame so I think one could get by with that. However, there is not any provisions in the frame for shock mounts on the outside of the frame since C&C's mount on the inside of the frame. That and I don't know if a truck bed would set on the frame the way it needs to. It might just don't know. Anyway it was a thought. I have an email in on a frame but it is out in Massachusetts and I am in Illinois.
Here's my 1990 V3500, single real wheel. Shocks mount inboard just like yours. you can see the left shock mount on the frame, forward of the axle with no shock on it. I would find someone parting a truck and get the rear tails of the frame and have them welded to your frame to make it the correct length to fit a bed. That is what I had to do to mine due to the ends of my frame being damaged by a bumper being welded on.