View Single Post
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 PM   #365
68 TT
Still plays with trucks

Re: "TANGERINE" (C20 to K10) (LWB to SWB) (CST/MOD) (5.3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakerwade View Post
Hey Mike, good to hear from you. The new job is chewing up a lot of my time while I try to get up to speed on this product line. I put my house up for sale too so that chews up a lot of time also.

The new shop doesn't have an air compressor, and that's pretty much put the project on hold for now. After the house sales and I work out some other personnel issues I'll either put a compressor in the shop or move to another shop.

I'll definitely be coming back for Good Guy's. Lets get together and check it out.
Good luck with the sale of the house.

Not having air power really sucks. Does it at least have 220-volt power or are you stuck with 110?

My compressor died on me last year. Couldn't do much without it. Cost more to fix than to replace with equal but wanted better than I had. Took me a while to save up for a new one. Shopped around and got a great deal on a larger capacity higher pressure upright compressor and daisy chained my old horizontal compressor tank into the system. Went from 33 gallons at 125 psi to 93 gallons at 150 psi. Makes a world of difference with high consumption air tools like the air grinder and impact gun. The new one is a whole lot quieter too.

See you in a few months. Maybe I will have something drivable by the time Good Guys rolls around.
68 Camaro SS / RS 500hp 439 inch roller cam big block 4L80E
79 Malibu TPI 350 4L60 w/ Z28 steering & sway bars
68 TT is offline   Reply With Quote