View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 02:25 PM   #14
Jcfcamaro

Re: 10 inch rims K10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Is that a valve stem on the inside of that rim? That is just wrong. The air valve should always be to the outside (for obvious reasons) and certainly on the opposite side of the caliper. I learned to pay attention to that building motorcycle wheels where you have the choice of flipping wheel direction. Got one all built, trued up, and mounted. Pushed bike forward and ripped the valve stem off on the caliper... DOH!! That is with factory spec wheels.

I ran 15 x 19s on this '71. The only clearance issue was you had to grind a bit on the casting ridge down the middle
Yes it is and all the research I did before ordering my rims and tires to make sure they fit and looked the way I wanted nowhere in the rim specs did it say they came with 2 valve stems. I called the company and they said it's pretty much standard on all new big rims. If I would have known that I would have had them plug that hole before they mounted them up and shipped them to me. They told me to have a local shop reverse the valve stem towards the inside but I bought some nice plugs to use instead. Sucks that I'm going to have to have them broke back down to solve this problem.
Jcfcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote