View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 02:43 AM   #93
mosesburb
I had a V-8

Re: The Story Of A Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70rs/ss View Post
Hurry up and get it done, I need my Burb back!! Just kiddin' this is the Burb I have wanted to build and next weekend I take one step closer to doing that as I am picking up a nice 2wd Burb while I am down there. I'll hopefully get to meet up w/ya and get to see this in person and pick up the the intake and shroud!

PM me?
Too bad you did not make it here. You could have been the first boardmember to see something happen. Actually the possibility still exists so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevytruckguy View Post
sat here and read the whole thing.
Holy cow!! You must have brought a sandwich!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71chevytruckguy View Post
one heck of a build. looks like your doin a dang good job. cant wait to see some videos of this thing once ya get done. chris.
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrislehr View Post
great thread - subscribing.
Thanks!!

Well, no new pics to show, but there is news here. I got it running last week!! I bled the injectors and tried cranking for oil pressure to no avail, so I turned the fuel on and it lit up like it had run yesterday--oil pressure came right up after it started. Sounds *****in'!! Of course, that may have something to do with only having 12" of pipe hanging off of the turbo, but I'm diggin it nonetheless. My neighbors now have a complete understanding of what I have been doing under the hood of this thing for the past year now, hehehe.

I let it run for awhile, doing functional tests on components and everything seems cool. The only problems I had were a leaking coolant reservoir (new GM part) and no power steering/braking assist. I chased that monkey for about a week and a half until I finally found the problem in the pump. I got that straightened out and everything works great.

I got the NP205 torn down and cleaned up with the guts ready to go into my housing and started working on my NV4500 also. Everything looks good, just need to clean the parts and get it together. I'm looking forward to driving this thing now!!

So everything is going well until I was at my Mom's house last weekend doing some electrical work for her and managed to put myself out of comission for awhile.

The white diagonal line near the top of the thumb is NOT supposed to be there. I was cutting a piece of conduit with my 28V Sawzall (nowhere near as smooth as my corded Super Sawzall) and the material pinched the blade and was moving with the blade. Well, sometime in there my thumb somehow managed to get between the material and the shoe on the Sawzall and BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, etc. I ended up with a purple fingernail and lost a dime sized chunk of skin on the fingerprint side.

Now, I'm no stranger to the Band-Aid box (I carry my own stash at all times), but this had to rank in the top one or two most painful injuries in recent memory. I waited a couple days and went and got it checked out because it was hurting well below the injured area. Doc couldn't explain why it hurt where it hurt, but informed me that I had done more damage that I initially thought. Swell. Now I get to sit home and do basically nothing. No work (not good), no work in the shop, nothing. Grrr.

I'm really close, but I can't do a damn thing about it....