View Single Post
Old 08-19-2015, 05:11 PM   #198
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinKees View Post
You have some bad luck with your engine Steve..
Hope all gets better from now on!
Ah well...it's only a hobby right, so I'm not loosing any sleep over it, I think

Quote:
Originally Posted by hgs_notes View Post
My old 283 doesn't have a threaded hole in the nose of the crank either. Oh and there is a special tool for pulling those power steering pump pulleys. Not expensive.
Never heard of anyone having as many problems getting the brakes to work properly as you. Very odd. Don't slam into any concrete barriers. The barriers will win every time.
Yes I have seen the tool, but ordering would take long and we figured we’d manage with a regular puller… lesson learned so to speak.
Regarding the brakes..at some point in the future, I’m going to exclude the brake balancer and see if that changes anything, but for now..let it be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus69c20 View Post
I'm along for the ride. Interesting to see these c10s all over the world. Were they ever sold new over there? Good luck overcoming your problems. Perseverance wins out in the end.
Perseverance /pəːsɪˈvɪər(ə)ns/ [persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success] hmmm seems I need patience as well , but I’m close to running out of it.
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote