View Single Post
Old 09-06-2015, 07:13 PM   #199
Steve-W

Re: 1969 Custom/10 clean up

So we're three weeks down the road and yesterday I finally get a call from the shop who was supposed to overhaul my steering gear... they hadn't even gotten started yet, because they can't find the parts???

I'll be picking it up tomorrow after work and tell them in mostly 4 letter words what I think of there service..

I checked online at LMC and for a complete pump including the resevoir cap, pulley and the steering gear. It would cost me $337,- wich in my book is very acceptable. Ordering it in the Netherlands though, brings some extra costs with it, so for me to have it laying on my workbench it'll set me back $550,-

what else have I been keeping myself busy with? well together with a mate we completed the doors. we put on the side mirrors, made some door panels which are now off to be painted, replaced the vent window rubbers.

Oh and we bought another truck..
yes I know we haven't finished the 69 yet..but along came this 1950 GMC 3100 with was someones project car. luckily for us he wanted to get rid of it
All the hard labor has been done, so there's no rust to be found in the car anymore..it's just a huge jiggsaw puzzle. I'll be opening a seperate thread for this.
1950 GMC 100
1958 Chevy C60 Viking ratrod
Steve-W is offline   Reply With Quote