View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 03:05 AM   #190
DirtyLarry
Windy Corner of a Dirty Street

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Wiring updates…

As with the Polar Bear 8.1L swap, I had to dig deep into the harness hord for GM proper connector and wire colors/size to keep the wiring GM logical. Any dumchit that knows GM logic could work on this rig 25 years down the road.

Bulk head wiring done. Working my way to the ECM and Fuel Pump relay

Got the MEFI-4 ECM mounted snugly under the dash. MEFI ECM’s are funny in that there are only a 2 power wires (key on and constant hot) but there are tons of grounds. I found it cleaner and easier to create a ground junction block on the ECM mounting bracket in an effort to clean up the engine bay of all the ugly grounds. There is a huge ground cable going from this junction block to the transmission bolt/stud then another going from the mounting bracket to the body. Seems like a good grounding solution. We’ll see! Also labeled everything for ease of service down the road.

Further back shot. I test fitted the glove box to make sure the door swing would clear the ECM. Passed with flying colors!

This is where I ended tonight. I plan on leaving this much exposed until after the initial fire up to make sure everything is wired correctly. The only thing left to wire up is the coolant temp sender and fuel pump. Might be able to crank this beeotch up before Thanksgiving after all!

DirtyLarry is offline   Reply With Quote