View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 01:15 AM   #200
Zoomad75
K5Camper

Re: My K5 Blazer Story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcuz View Post
Nice work! The video looks great!
I recall you did a TVS cable on this. Now I think I know why. The MEFI ecm is a marine ecm correct? So it only controls the engine and has all the same engine controls a complete car or truck ecm has but not the ABS or body control stuff right?
Loading the 6.0 bin file does what actually? Increase injector on timing, timing curve or ??? How is it done and what is the advantage?
I see you are reading the live scan feed on the laptop, do you use a cable or one of those Bluetooth plugins into the OBDII diagnostic port?

Love the progress, thanks for posting the build pictures and videos guys!
The MEFI4 ecm did start out for the marine engines, but GM started using them on the Ramjet lineup of crate engines. Other aftermarket companies use the MEFI4 platform too.

Keep in mind in most OEM applications the ECM does not control the ABS or body functions. That being said the main difference from the MEFI4 system to the OEM systems is the simplification. MEFI4 lacks any emissions or security system like the factory Passlock, nor does it control an automatic transmission like the stock systems do. Due to not having as many functions the MEFI wiring harness is much less cumbersome allowing Larry to "hide" it much easier than you could with the OEM harness after pruning it of the unneeded circuits.

The 6.0 bin file is our baseline setup. Only reason is it's what we have. We don't have a 5.3 file. I'll be able to datalog while driving and see where the system needs tweaked. I'm betting I'll have to pull some fuel out, but if the idle quality is any indication it may not be too much. The system has great potential as you can tune and tweak to ones heart content.

We plug in the system using a connector to the data link under the hood. The cable then connects via a USB port on the laptop.
Zoomad75 is offline   Reply With Quote