View Single Post
Old 04-08-2017, 11:11 AM   #377
sparkydog

Re: Porsche 944: Actually there is a substitute

Yesterday it was back to the jyard for a few hours of harvesting harness technology.

I returned to the same Benz that had given me the 13ft batt cable - where I proceeded to grab the loom from the right side of the car just because it gave me lots of wires & vac lines with almost no effort for removal from the car. I especially like the cool little vac line manifold! (No idea where or why I needed this loom but we'll see what I can come up with.)

And then on to a 2000 Firebird to get the section of main loom that goes from the fuse block into the dash and feeds the key and interior fuse block. I chose the f-body as a donor because it has the fuse block up near the headlights. This meant that the wire loom length was going to be relatively long. And I want it as a possible way to get my main power feeds from the fuse block behind the drivers seat up to the dash area with maybe only 1 set of wire splices.

I am hopeful/confident that many/most/all of the wires in the pigtail from my 2000 Grand Am fuse block will mate up to the same wires in the pigtail out of the 2000 Firebird. I'd like to be able to splice just off size/color codes rather than have to actually stare at a schematic.

In the last photo you can see that I might make it. On the left side there is about 1ft of overlap between the fuse block pigtail and the start of the Fbody section. Then up the side of the tunnel and on the right side of the picture is the interior fuse block and the main junction blocks. I might be able to mount the interior fuse block somewhere near the 944's glove box. We'll see in a few months when I get to the "make sparks" phase of the build.
Attached Images

sparkydog is offline   Reply With Quote