View Single Post
Old 04-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #19
cooperhw

Re: Calling all slicers and dicers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
I glanced through that thread tinydb84 posted and it did make me wonder again about clearance for the engine. I didn't think there was 6" above the motor and it does appear you will run into issues if the motor moves up that much. If it physically does not fit between the crossmember and hood then something has to move. Also, someone mentioned steering in there and that was a good point. I suppose if all the components move up with the frame, the only real thing that needs to be sorted out is the steering shaft.
I agree with the point that the distance between the top of the air cleaner and the hood may come into play. My solution (if needed) would be a cowl hood. (only if needed)
Steering could become an issue if you had to use the stock steering column because it goes so far down before you can hook to it. I don't feel this would be such an issue if a new column from flaming river was used that was shorter so you can start angling towards the box (or rack and pinion) as soon as the shaft is on the engine side of the firewall.
Both of these issues in my mind are easily solved compared to the 6 inches you gain (lower).
cooperhw is offline   Reply With Quote