View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
jgammill

Re: Project: GOOBER, 1971 GMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RatRod68 View Post
anything new?

The guy I bought my explorer from lives just outside of Tulsa and built a killer CJ similar to the black one in the hill climb video. He always took the exploder out with a bunch of Jaheeps that were all pretty built, so i didn't know if you all ever wheeled together.

How much work was it to adapt the 88-98 seat into the cab?
I am 4 hours south of Tulsa. Dought I've ever wheeled with him unless he happened to be at Clayton when I had my Jeep. First trip to Clayton with the GMC will be this October.

The seats were kind of a pain in the ass. But thats just because I cut out the floor and moved my transmission and tcase's up into the frame so I would have a flat belly. If the floor would have been stock I think it would have been really easy. The passenger seat just set in perfectly and drilled the holes and bolted it down. The driver and middle are together and I had to build a subframe to hold them over the hump. One thing about these seats though, they make you ride a lot higher in the cab and with the fuel tank behind you, you set closer to the steering wheel. If I had not put in the tilt wheel from the 88 I would not be able to drive it, probably. And you still couldn't drive my rig now if you have much of a belly. But it fits me perfect and puts me higher to see out better.
jgammill is offline   Reply With Quote