View Single Post
Old 07-06-2006, 11:14 AM   #30
PBFAB.COM

Re: Back-half, Corvette C4 in 69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokcrln
Where are the new pic's I am starting to get the shake's and need a fix

Will a C4 front set up allow you to go as low as your drop member? Are their any advantages to it over the drop member other than all alum and much better brakes. I would think having matching brakes would make things alittle better for master cyclinder set up.

Kevin
LFD Inc.

Meet me in the alley behind the liquor store on 3rd and Oak... I will be wearing a red baseball hat and white Reeboks.
I just unloaded all the new sheetmetal for the truck yesterday afternoon, and will be working on it again next week (late in the week). I have too many irons in the fire right now and am trying to keep everybody happy! As far as C4 up front there are some performance advantages to it. The design produces more camber gain and has a lower roll center than the truck front ends (dropmember included). Brakes are also a little better. Unsprung weight is greatly diminished due to the aluminum construction. As for allowing for the same drop, I am pretty sure it can lay frame and still have a 4.5" ride height, that's how I set em up on the 55-59 trucks. The only draw back is the difficulty in retro-fitting a C4 suspension to these trucks (63-87), not the price of components. A complete front end for the 88-96 Corvette can be found in wrecking yards for $800-$1100 in fairly good shape (you can then sell off the parts you don't use to re-coup a little cash). Tube arms, drop spindles, and new brakes will set you back beyond that price. True, it is by no means "cheap or inexpensive" and there may be some wear parts that need replaced, but it still probably isn't as expensive as most people might assume. I am working on a C4 bolt-in front end similar to the dropmember for 63-87 trucks... maybe it will make it a possibility for more people??????

Last edited by PBFAB.COM; 07-06-2006 at 11:16 AM.
PBFAB.COM is offline   Reply With Quote