View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #20
Red71gmc

Re: Probably lost a friend Saturday.

Do not misunderstand as I'm not sticking up for the guy at all here. I have never done what your friend has done but it sounds like something is really wrong. I use to only look at the obvious and my judgements were done on matters. Any more I try to put the pieces together as I don't think people are bad at heart but they get all screwed up sometimes.
You said it is not his child and conceived during a break up and then he has raised her. Now the father wants to spend time with her. You also said he used to drink a decent amount but not sure in recent years.
It would be extremely hard to ever really forgive the pregnancy and it sounds like maybe you feel the same way about her as you tried to talk him out of getting back with her. I assume he feels he has done something above the normal call and of course it has always loomed over their relationship.
Now the maternal father wants to step in and I imagine your friend is feeling really spit on. If he knows how to drink I would assume he has been a lot with these feelings of abandonment as he sees it. Especially once the booze consumption goes up.
Still no excuse for what he did at all and that is a given and it did need reported. I just try to look at all angles anymore and I agree with what another poster has already said. He may need a friend right now.
Red71gmc is offline   Reply With Quote