Thread: Serious Black
View Single Post
Old 03-21-2016, 08:45 AM   #141
snipescastle2

Talking Re: Serious Black

Fire in the hole! That's right, I got it fired up Saturday afternoon!!! Woo Hoo!!!!
But.....The 650 Vacuum Secondary Holley I bought used is not right, I couldn't get it to idle whatsoever. But, alas, I bought a 750 Vacuum Secondary Holley from Scott Duckworth, here on the board, I know this Carb is good to go, he just pulled it off his truck a month ago.
At first, I thought it was the plug gap I was running just wasn't enough, so I opened them up to .050" and it didn't change anything. I tried advancing/retarding the timing, no real change there, (with regards to idling)it kicked the starter back because of too much advance, so I retarded the timing and pretty much had to give it half throttle just to keep it running......I thought it might be the fuel I am running....I bought 5 gallons of Av Gas, but I doubt that had much of a factor in the way it was running.
I will say that the plugs are "Black" and they were new before I started, it's as if it's getting way too much fuel, I haven't verified the float level yet, the choke was open(Electric Choke) I'm pretty well convinced it's a carb issue.
Any Way's, it's progress! I'd like to get it ironed out before Friday, but, as usual, kid's sporting events, work and what ever else arises will surely curtail my plans.
That's all for now, hope to have a better report Thursday/Friday...we'll see!
Have a good one!
Ben
snipescastle2 is offline   Reply With Quote