Thread: Holes and Rust
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
Droff

Re: Holes and Rust

It does appear that a part of the floor was patched at one time, pax and driver. I'm assuming the wavy look is seam sealer with rust bubbled underneath of it(?). I scraped some of it off, it was kind of rubbery... and rusty.

I want to fix this correctly but the responses seem to lean toward much more metal repair than what I had in mind for right now. Inner/outer rocker, cab supports, kick panel, floor, A-pillar.... I don't want to ignore it, just don't have time in my schedule right now for that much. I NEED to get my suspension and brakes squared away (working on a little at a time) and then I have other projects that require attention.

The cab overall is solid, I won't be stepping through the floor or anything like that, doors close solid. The biggest issue is what is in the pics, which looks pretty rough. Anything I can do for a kind of 'temp fix' for a while?

I looked in the cab yesterday and saw some water in this area but couldn't tell where it came from, I did look under the dash and there wasn't anything dripping or running from there. I'll check into the cowl as well as the drip rails. The drip rails have some bubbling going on too, so that's a good possibility.

Thanks for the info.
Droff is offline   Reply With Quote