View Single Post
Old 05-05-2023, 06:20 PM   #329
cornerstone

Re: Uncle Loyd's 72' C-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewittca View Post
Heck yes, that's some progress right there! That's bold spraying paint outside in the spring. I'm not sure how it is by you, but over here in NC everything is covered in pollen!
Yeah, not the best of options spraying outside, but this was only primer which will be block sanded anyways. I did have to thoroughly wipe everything down with wax and grease remover one last time after I mixed the primer. Once I finished cleaning the gun, I looked everything over and found one bug knee deep in the dried paint. I had hopes of getting the cab in primer as well but a heat wave rolled in... 97* this afternoon, and I thought that would have affected the job for the worse. I'll git after it in the morning.

When it comes time for final paint the plan is to use my enclosed garage at the least. I'm also thinking of renting a booth if I can find one.

1972 C10, "Loyd", LWB to SWB, 5.3, L83/6L80e, 4:11 Tru Trac, Air Ride, VA, DD, 20" Coys, 4 wheel disc, A quick LS swap turned into a 6 year frame off resto-mod.
cornerstone is offline   Reply With Quote