View Single Post
Old 11-12-2018, 05:51 PM   #79
Palf70Step
State of Confusion!

Re: Palf's 1981 GMC

While I had some downtime, I decided to get to the electrical (again). Pulled out the dash and started the setup on the replacement gauge cluster. Cleaned the gauge bucket up, painted the inside and the back of the front panel gloss white. I also added some LEDs to replace the stock bulbs. Fixed a few issues with the circuit board, found a bad splice joint on the power feed from the fuse box to the gauges and a bad headlight switch. I also had to readjust the ignition switch position so when it is off it isn't supplying ACC power to the ign leads.

While I was working on the cluster I decided to move the stereo to the stock location since it was already behind my radio delete panel. I did tweak the position some and trimmed the bezel so I could remove the bezel without having to pull the stereo.

Everything is back in place and seems to work. I need to replace the oil pressure sensor and I think the gauge will respond right.

Man, finding broke grounds and power leads took me a week, but things seem to be good again. Clean her up tomorrow, and back to driving it some more.
Attached Images

Member of Louisiana Classic Truck Club (LCTC)

Bill's Gallery
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly. Leave the rest to God!
Palf70Step is offline   Reply With Quote