View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 03:55 PM   #28
ptc

Re: 1956 Chevy Pro-Street Build

Well I received a few items from the supplier store and have some more things to check off the old "To Do" list ....

Made all the modifications to the front spindles off the Gen 2 - Z28 to fit the new Wilwood calipers and rotors. Not too tough a job with just a battery powered sawzall and a grinder! Turned out pretty good. Since these are multi-use hubs with both 4.5" and 4.75" bolts patterns I decide to match it to the rear flanges that are already Ford at 4.5", that way all my rims will be the same pattern.... FORD! lol - I only hope that custom Wheels for FORDS are cheaper than Chevy ---- they should be right? their cars are "cheap"!

Got the spindles remounted onto the front end and can get the front wheels back on to roll it around now.

I fitted a rear caliper bracket to the 9" FORD rear and found it to be a little strange.... But I guess this is just the way Wilwood does things. I'll post some closer pics of that later.

a question I have for you guys building these rear ends.... do the axle shafts at the flange end have any type of seal or gasket that is suppose to be there or does the bearing sitting in its pocket seal any oil in the housing that comes that way?

Got more to do this weekend before all the egg hunters and family arrives.... Happy Easter everyone!
Attached Images