View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #9
Andy4639
Old member

Thumbs up Re: E-brake cable w/700r4 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod Run View Post
Well. the quest goes on. I ordered the intermediate cable last night through Year One and as I said earlier I ordered the one for a TH400, but they didn't have a front cable.

Today I'm trying to place another big order through Classic Industries, for the stuff Year One didn't carry. They have a front cable, but they only carry the one for use with the TH350.

I hate to keep gambling here on different parts, because it could get expensive. Hopefully someone else can chime in with what they have used in this situation. I have been burnt way to many times when I've used the "it should work" advice, without getting solid answers. I'm actually starting to wonder if the intermediate I ordered is going to be the wrong one, after Andy4638 says which one he is using (if he means he had a standard shift tranny before). I've got hundreds of dollars in parts in my garage from time I've gone that route, but I'll lose 75% of the value just from shipping if I send them back

Using factory cables leaves to much to chance if it isn't known which cables were used. I'm wondering how much of a difference it makes. I know one is 69" and one is 71", so I'm wondering if both will work, just with more or less adjustment needed.

I'm probably over thinking this, but I don't want to waste money here. These little cost overruns are starting to add up to much now

1971 LWB with 3 on the tree transmission with foot e brake.
I swapped a 305 TPI with 700-R4 transmission in it for about 20 years no isues. $ years ago I installed a 6.0 with 4L80E transmission no issues. Under the truck on drivers side is a threaded rod that the rear cables hook to. Run the nut all the way out and make sure they clear everything thing. Then tighten the nut up enough to set the e brake.

Upstate SC GM Truck Club
2013,14 and 2016 Hot Rod Pour Tour

http://upstategmtrucks.com/

Get out and drive the truck this summer and have some fun!
It sucks not being able to hear!

LWB trucks rule, if you don't think so measure your SWB!
After talking to tech support at Air Lift I have found out that the kit I need is 60811. Per the measurements I gave them. Ride height of truck inside spring and inside diameter of springs.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote