View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:34 AM   #16
Rod Run

Re: E-brake cable w/700r4 question

Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieinNC View Post
There are different cable lengths for different year models, plus different transmission options...

As I dont see an accurate description of what handle or foot mechanism you have installed, all I can offer you is this link to LMC page

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cb/full.aspx?Page=152

Is this a LWB or SWB?

Handle under dash or foot operated e brake?

Six inches is not much...did you think to pull the cable forward to compress the e brake springs inside the drums?

Or have yo alos added rear discs for a hybrid rear cable length?

We can usually help out, but need this basic info to assist...

Thanks for responsding

My truck is a factory 71 shortbed with rear drums and foot pedal. the only difference from stock is the 700r4 transmission. Even without using those two "hooks" that pull the cable to towards the side of the frame, my cable is way to short.

I would love to be able to buy the proper cable, but instead of wasting more money and shipping costs, I think my best option is going to be to try and get a custom one. I know lots of people have done this, but since they all seemed to have already had a factory cable in their truck, they don't know which one they had, especially with all the possible changes their trucks could have had done over the years.

Usually it's pretty easy to get a quick straight answer on this board, but not this time, even with all these great people trying their best to help.