Thread: Sport Bumper
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
Ol' Drippy

Sport Bumper

I have been trying to come up with a way to have a cleaner rear bumper treatment for my truck other then the step bumper they all came with. I didn't want to add a roll pan because I park in the city sometimes and I need the body armor. I had a square body before this truck and the "sport" bumper available on the Blazer and Suburban always looks good on the pickups because it is smooth and simple. While driving in traffic on my way home from work I figured it out, the bumper off of a late model Econoline van is very simple and clean and chrome, just what I was looking for. After I took a few measurements off of a van in a parking lot (I am sure that looked suspicious) it seemed like it would work so I ended up buying a new replacement bumper off of amazon. I am sure everyone has seen Econoline vans at the junkyard and there was no way you are going to find a clean rear bumper off of one. Anyway, after modifying the stock bumper brackets this is what it looks like.

It came it our really nice I think, I didn't modify the bumper at all, it just fits the truck really well in my opinion. Note I have also shaved my tailgate and moulded in the license plate bracket in this picture. Here are a couple more pictures of the truck for reference.

Ol' Drippy is offline   Reply With Quote