Thread: Triple Threat
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2016, 01:23 AM   #6
izzy_Britton

Re: Triple Threat

Now post 2 tonight is about the Shop Truck

Because the truck came without keys i needed to get the ignition cylinder out of the column to get it started.

so i took the plastic clam shells off the column and used a pair of large channel locks to twist the ignition, amazingly enough it turned and i was able to get the release to let me remove the cylinder like you would normally do IF you had the key.

fine and dandy so far.

the message center let me know the truck was outta gas, so this morning i splashed 5 gallons in and gave it a crank.

when turning the engine over it will not start completely. it reminded me of kicking an old dirt bike... crank crank bbbrrrr crank crank bbbrrr so on and so forth until the battery died. it kinda acted like it wasnt getting fuel but pressing the button on the schrader valve squirts fuel, and the pump is pumping.

any clues as to why it wont fire and stay running? is it possible that the key was a chipped key and the VATS is preventing it from remaining running? i have heard of this issue before but have heard many people say that the truck will run for 3 seconds or more and then die and other say it will remain running until it is put into gear and then it will die. but this is always from people doing swaps.

I have the reprogrammed computer for my swap that i can install and see if it will remain running, the VATS has been removed. the problem i see with doing this is that the trans in the shop truck is a 4L80e where my swap truck is a 4L60e. is it safe to assume that if it starts and runs then the problem with the trans will be with the shifting points? i only need to move the truck in and out of the shop on weekends, cant drive it until i get all the DMV paperwork done and in the mean time i can send the shop truck computer off to have the VATS removed.

plausible?

-Izzy
Project Delongdium - Step-Sons Plastic Clad 2003 Avalanche - DONE and Delivered.
izzy_Britton is offline   Reply With Quote