View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 01:33 PM   #28
special-K
Special Order

Re: "I Hate When That Happens"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976gmc20 View Post
I hate when it's the beginning of December you have already had two months of winter

Oh, well - keeps the weaklings out of the territory, I keep telling myself.
Florida has the opposite problem. There are good people I know, but it seems to be where the losers end up. Maine doesn't have that problem for Back East. I'm working for a feller that has a place in the Keys. He used to have a house but that was swept away to the bare slab by Irma two years ago. And he had no insurance! Now he is jumping through hoops to get it rebuilt before the deadline set that cuts off any chance for rebuilding in that county. Big Pine Key.

I was telling him about my sister and BIL in Maine and how I've considered moving there to retire. Property is cheap and I'll just sit out the bad days. They live in one end of a pole building, 2 stories. He has 711 acres of hardwood and a wood boiler running heat in the slab. He can step out into his shop with his coffee in stocking feet onto a warm shop floor, never go outside. This guy I'm talking to says, "You know what they call people who move to Maine? Mainiacs" har har har. Like I never heard that one before. I looked at him and asked, "What do they call people who had their house swept away by a hurricane who are busting their butt to build another?"

Silence before the conversation started back up in another direction

I like when that happens

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote