View Single Post
Old 10-04-2017, 03:05 PM   #33
MARTINSR

Re: Two Tone BC/CC methods

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Stumbled in here, the two tone restoration I am now doing on my 66 fleetside will also have a white top and the white stripes on the side in between the chrome, plus the tailgate lettering. As a newbie I am so glad I read this information. I will need to sort out though when to spray the white strip on the doors, fender and hood, but I know Ill be shopping for some fine line tape!
Usually I would say spray the overall color then the white being the white is small, but yours is really small compared and I am thinking it takes more masking but check this out. You have the whole truck just prior to prepping for paint, all in primer let's say. You mask off to paint the white but only with like foot wide paper just so you don't have direct overspray on the primer surrounding the white. The overspray past that paper, who cares, you are going to be sanding it for paint anyway right?

So you put the little paper around the white areas and paint and clear them. Then sand the truck for painting the other color leaving of course the white untouched. You then cover the white areas with paper and shoot the truck the primary color and unmask the white and wham, done.

Especially with the white roof this works good because you don't have to worry about the hood and what ever is below it getting damaged.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote