Thread: 1970 Nova....
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2016, 01:49 PM   #5
bs46488

Re: 1970 Nova....

August 2015 update...Wiring and Paint ideas

Finally got the engine location issues resolved. Had a slight header interference with the steering rag joint, so I had to move things around a little more.

Now that every thing is in place, started working on final wiring. Getting the fuse block wired up and all the wires in the car for the OBD2 port, brake signal, tach, etc

I borrowed the ECU mounting location from another member, Sebarta. Now that I got the stand alone harness resolved, I need to clean up the birds nest of wires that the previous owner created. He relocated the battery to the trunk with just a large power cable, then its piggy backed a few times for power distribution, alt feed, etc

Update on Paint:

So I bought my Nova without a lot of the previous history. I was okay with that, as I'm not restoring the car but pretty much doing whatever I want.

I got a title and saw the vin on the dash matched, so I was fine with that. I was a little peeved that the PO took off the cowl tag, but what are you going to do.

Anyways, working on all of this wiring for the past couple of weeks, you'll see that my wiring harness travels right near where the cowl tag is supposed to go.

After staring at it for a long time, I decided to coat that area in about half a gallon of paint stripper and 45 mins of scrapping. And low and behold...under about 1/4' of Lizard Skin (PO decision, not mine!) I find the original cowl tag.

So now I'm the proud owner of paint code 25, Astro Blue, Nova. Blue was never in my mind for future paint colors....but I'm wondering if it should be?

My latest paint decision (I've changed my mind about 7 times) was white.
bs46488 is offline   Reply With Quote