View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #184
eric28miller

Re: 89 crew cab k20 4wd twin turbo cummins swap

Hey guys, apologies for the lack of quick responses to your questions.. Been very very busy... We just wrapped up harvest on Monday, then spent 2 days cleaning and moving equipment into storage, and THEN scurried to get 6000 ft of geo line in the ground as the frost was setting in..

Plus we"re going to nebraska tomorrow to look at a large lot of tornado damaged equipment to buy and now i'm building a house next summer..a new deadline to finish the truck. But i HAVE to finish it since i will need a truck to pick up supplies.
I'll try my hardest to post progress and answer questions for you guys. I appreciate all the positive comments they are very motivating.

I had some time yesterday to round up every single bolt that i have left and threw them all into a bucket with some industrial degreaser. Then cranked up the power washer to 210 degrees and boiled them for 10 minutes. After that i quickly dried them with a heat gun before rust set in and dumped black painted into the bucket, rolled it around for 10 more minutes and wa la, nice perdy bolts : )

eric28miller is offline   Reply With Quote