View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 10:06 PM   #163
HO455
Post Whore

Re: Working Man's Burbon

The trip to the store for a rebuild kit was a bust, as the kits they had were nothing like the parts inside my pump. This led to a couple of hours of interweb searching for a rebuild kit. At this point it appears that I have the earlier style pump used in the 60-66 trucks. There seems to be no parts for these pumps. Most of the information I found has folks converting the pump to a remote style pump of some sort, or a universal replacement pump. I picked up a universal style pump, then bent up a bracket to mount it to in place of the old pump. Today's lesson is READ the directions, BEFORE making your bracket. After making the bracket I read that the pump should be mounted vertically. I had planned on the pump being horizontal. So instead of making a new bracket I comprised and put the pump at a 45* angle. I made a couple jumpers to hook up to the factory pump connector. Works like the stock pump with the exception that you have to keep the switch pushed in to keep the pump running. It has way more pressure than the original one so the water goes on the roof not on the window. I spent another two hours looking for leaks on the air bags and made some headway. The left rear now leaks about five pounds every twenty minutes now instead of a pound a minute. And the right front is about half that rate. The other two are holding good.
Attached Images

If it breaks I didn't want it in the first place
The WMB repair thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=698377

Last edited by HO455; 01-17-2017 at 10:11 PM.
HO455 is offline   Reply With Quote