View Single Post
Old 04-30-2016, 06:55 PM   #49
rusty76

Re: Rusty76 and his '76

So here's what's been really going on with my rusty pile. Honestly not much. I was able to go and get my two front fenders I stashed away years ago and the lower grille valance. I've still got to go get my front bumper which is in a lot better condition than the one I have now. I've been scouring CL for a hood, might have a lead.

The other part of this story is what has mostly held me up, life. If all good intentions are just that then I'm king at it. Last October I was ready to go. I had a plan and I was going to get this thing running, well life stepped in. My mother had fallen on hard times, and still much is, and I really felt I needed to watch my step while help her handle her financial affairs. A cool truck is nice but seeing your mother sit in the cold isn't. Long story short my mother made some bad decisions that translated into one of those, "Can we talk?" phone calls. I had no idea what was going on. No idea. Life is funny like that. I knew and know that the road ahead will be challenging and I decided to concentrate on taking care of family first and I'll get around to my truck sometime. Sometime has been sometime for sometime now.

I haven't given up yet. I'm gathering when I can and making plans to get what I can when I can. My plans are still to drive this thing in December for my 40th Birthday. Thats been my plan for a long time. How I will get there is still up in the air. I've thought about buying a donor truck and using the drivetrain to get the truck moving and other scenarios. Still either way I'll figure it out. Like always.

It all seems like doom and gloom, but I don't see it that way. I hope to get on this thing soon. Really soon. I'll keep you posted and I hope that you take the time to check out my low buck build threads for some side meat as well. Find the link in my signature. You'll like it if you are here. Take care and have a great day.

Matt
My build thread
Crossmembers CC

Last edited by rusty76; 04-30-2016 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Spelling isn't for me
rusty76 is offline   Reply With Quote