View Single Post
Old 05-15-2017, 09:50 AM   #5
Mgicm

Re: red hot rear wheel ..one side?

HI
Sorry ..more info. Note that this work is being done by two shops now..not myself but Im trying to get into the wheels myself at times to see for myself.

We did replace the shoes on both sides. One odd thing noticed was that on the right (passenger) side, one shoe seemed much thinner than another. I didnt get a chance to check other side. I thought out of the box they were both same thickness?? Also changed on both sides was the wheel cylinder. Another issue there was that shop could not locate the proper angled wheel cylinder. Seems the one on the truck had the nipple for the brake line on an angle whereas the replacement came out straight. i believe the first shop had to bend the line. I had second shop check and sees no issues with the work done on the internals but obviously something is wrong.

At this point, im up for replacing anything but dont want to throw money away. What would be a good plan at this time...? to just redo all the parts on the red hot side like wheel cylinders, shoes, etc? What woudl make that right side stop and start for no good reason while on the jackstands? What causes a wheel to stick if it is not something with the rear itself and woudl tell the one brake to engage and disengage for no reason. Totally puzzled!

thanks!
Mgicm is offline   Reply With Quote