View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 02:43 PM   #112
NewType72

Re: Great Grandpa's Legacy reborn

Test drive time!! Finally was able to do a nut and bolt check throughout the chassis and determined there was no more progress until we got to drive right?!?

So obvious excitement was abundant as we prepped the shop to get the truck out as it's been pretty much buried on the rack for a full year but it gave us the chance to clean up our mess all the same so we aired her up and got to cranking those 14 point turns out to negotiate the other projects in the shop.

All was looking well so off I went leaving pop back at the shop for the time being to see how the truck would handle down the road. The first trek out seemed swell so I grabbed a few glamour shots and was even pumped to find out that she's a full roller when completely aired out.. well at least with a long sweeping driveway anyway

So off I went to test some further travel, was able to get out and into a nice residential where I found some shade and started checking the engine bay for any nuances that may rear their ugly head in the madden voyage. Closing the hood and heading to the back to check the rear suspension I began hearing a slow leak that grew with the passing seconds and suddenly I was completely laid out in the front and dead in the water as far as movement goes to get back home. Called pop up with a few tools but found that the culprit had been slight slack in the passenger front airline causing the heat of the header to burn open a hole in the line as it ran next to the frame so an obvious failure on my end and unfortunately no jack to properly fix the problem.

I'll let the pictures describe the ride back and disappointment of the oversight and the damage it caused..

Used a simple union to join the lines after I cut the bad section out. Legacy is back in the air and on the rack ready for the bed at this point.

- Dylan
(209)-985-7721
NewType72 is offline   Reply With Quote