View Single Post
Old 10-09-2023, 01:18 PM   #7
SCOTI

Re: obs disc on 63-66 C10 upper arms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriegs View Post
Yep also a huge fear of mine.Iam big on whats yard available,it will tell me what the general populace might be driving and getting Part store replacements for in the near futre(10+ years)

ps: I was a mopar guy...trying to find parts used is hellish(was, they repop alot more now)everyone thinks there abused mopar part is rare and worth Rhodium prices LOL
I know of the OBS parts swap to get 6-lug discs..... But I've never seen anyone plot out the geometry when changing the spindles to KNOW things aren't whacky. The Tie Rod height locations on the OBS spindle vs the pre-OBS steering linkage (Pitman Arm>Center Link<Idler) vs OBS steering. What is the impact (if any) on geometry?

More than one guy out there overlooks a possible downside because they're 'saving $' vs. purchasing aftermarket 6-lug rotors on an engineering approved/proven set-up (the OE 67-87 parts). I would research the answers prior to commiting to any specific option.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote