View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
Rabid Anti-Dentite

Re: Blazed and Confused: 55 Series 1 on 02 Blazer Frame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russell Ashley View Post
Looks like you got a nice truck to start with so you are ahead of the game there. I like your build plan except for shortening the bed to make it fit the frame. Those trucks have a good profile look when stock, but shortening them somehow throws the balance off. I would rather see you lengthen the frame to fit the truck like some of the other guys on the forum have done when using a short bed frame. It's your truck and this is just my opinion, but that's what this forum is all about. I'll tag along either way.
Hey thanks for checking out the thread. I appreciate your feedback, my big concern is welding the frame. I don't think my little 90 Amp 110 welder could handle it, so in an effort to get on the road quicker, I was going to cut down the bedsides. But I don't think that the bed is proportional, both in height and length, so I would like to even it out then add a few inches to the bedside height as well. A lot of the newer trucks I see on the road are either equal length on both sides of the fenders or longer behind. I am going to mock it up first with some plywood cut to act as the bed side, bolt the fenders on and see what it looks like. The cab has the nice body line about halfway up the cab, and I think that is where the bed rails should line up. So we will see.
Rabid Anti-Dentite is offline   Reply With Quote