View Single Post
Old 01-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #23
Foot Stomper

Re: Maximum Filler Thickness

Quote:
Originally Posted by made2drag View Post
awesome! I got the 2k primer in an aerosol can where you have a button to activate the hardener and it gives you like 5 hours to spray. I guess i'll wait for a good 75 degree day, spray the 2k primer then start my Rage filler to smooth out the area. Supposed to be in the 70's thurday and Friday.

Thanks for the advice!
Gear down there Big Rig!

You are getting primers confused... there are two kinds of primer 1) epoxy primer 2) High Build (urethane) primer

1) Epoxy is meant for corrosion protection and only intended for bare steel
2) Urethane High Build primer is meant to "build" so you can sand it down to make a smooth and straight surface.

Both of these products are 2K or 2 component. The aerosol picture you provided should be a Kwasny or "Spray Max" product as they are in fact producing a true 2K aerosol. Their epoxy is good for about 5 days once activated. The Urethane primers that they have are either the rapid or regular and they have a much shorter "pot life" of a day or two at the most. All of the Spray Max products are body shop quality and would rival any major paint brand's 2K epoxy or urethane high build. They are just really pricey. The added benefit of using their products is the spray can sprays just like a primer gun!!!

First put on the epoxy primer, then body filler. Sand and recoat filler as required. The high build urethane can be used to cover the filler, the bare steel surrounding the body filler and the epoxy. The bare steel around the filler is a result of sanding the filler and it is okay to high build prime this area without epoxy primer.

My 1959 GMC build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=686989
Foot Stomper is offline   Reply With Quote