View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 05:10 AM   #1
big_dan

53 3100 - complete rebuild and upgrade . . . .

So let's get started. I've had this truck 5 or 6 years now. It's a sweet little truck, but time to add some attitude. I'll start by bringing this thread up to date . . .

Several years back I decided to build a shop for myself to play with my toys and teach my boys a thing or two. The 53 stayed in driver status all that time, watching a few other builds happen, hauling the occasional parts and attending a few cruise ins here and there. Shop was finished (if they ever are) so a long term 65 Ford had to be finished first, so now the little 53 is front and center. When I got the truck it was a 4.3/350 turbo sitting on a full size 79-80 chassis. I lowered it a little, added a chrome grille, white walls, etc. but it still didn't have the attitude I wanted, so it began.

I found a 53 frame locally and started the project with the truck still on the road. Stripped the frame, had it blasted then stored it while I finished the shop and my 65. Finally, time to start, so here's a few pics to start getting up to date.
Attached Images

big_dan is offline   Reply With Quote