View Single Post
Old 07-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #53
GAc10boy

Re: "Oaky" Farm Fresh '73 Short Step

Put new rotors, pads, calipers, etc in the front and TRIED to rebuild the drum brakes in the rear this weekend. Even with the proper tool, I couldn't get the rear hoses loose from the leaky wheel cylinders to change them so I only rebuilt one as best I could. Now it's sticking. ugh! Then i couldn't get the front hoses off either and discovered the driver's hose is stopped up and no fluid is getting to the caliper. Guess that explains the hard pull to the right when braking.

And to top it all off, i tried replacing the master cylinder and it appears the pedal push rod is built on to the original MC so I decided not to tackle that just yet (after i already bench bled the new MC, of course). Then once I buttoned up the front, i took it for a test drive and realized the back drum I tried rebuilding is grabbing and the calipers are hitting the wheels in the front (i think). Even though they are OEM spec stuff. Needless to say, I had had enough and decided I'd tackle another day.

All that to say, it was 2 steps forward, one step back this weekend. Not sure what I'm going to do to address it all yet but will soon enough i guess.

Here's a pic of the new stuff on the front. It's all Duralast, AutoZone MIC stuff.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote