View Single Post
Old 07-22-2015, 09:56 PM   #57
GAc10boy

Re: "Oaky" Farm Fresh '73 Short Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashed View Post
Looking good out in front ,Robbie ,I put a power brake booster off a 75 truck on mine and found that I needed all the parts down to the pedal so I had to go rob more parts off that truck.I wish now that I had got the whole truck ,it was cheap.It had a nice tilt column and everything needed to convert mine over to an automatic and it all got crushed .I have been driving the convertible this week as I have not been able to get to my brake project on the 74 .Maybe someday I can drive one of the 72 trucks again but this summer dont look too likely.
Man, it sounds like should have. Are both the 72s back in the shop? Glad that you have the Malibu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty76 View Post
Brakes can be a bear. Probably easier to replace it all than fool around with the old stuff. Old brake hoses are always a pain. Old rubber hoses can give a lot of trouble. On my ole truck the driver side caliper would stick. Thought it was the caliper and replaced it. Then found out it was the hose instead. Such a pain. It took more than just replacing the hoses. I had to cut the hose at the connection carefully then take it all apart. There went a weekend....grr. You'll get it fixed in no time.
No kidding! I thought I was doing right by buying most of it up front. It's just that some of the old stuff doesn't want to budge. I'll get it all sorted out and get the rest of the new stuff on soon. Thanks for the encouragement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlped View Post
I've been through this before too. I've gotten to the point now that when I rebuild/replace all the brakes, I buy a complete hardline kit from InlineTube.com also. It makes for a clear conscience when everything on the brake system is new. There not to pricey, and pretty simple to replace.
I need to look at the hard line kit from inlinetube.com. I haven't had good luck with their fuel kits in the past but now that I know a little more about bending line, it would probably go a lot smoother with their brake line kits.

UNITED BY TRUCKS - classic truck video content
YouTube: www.youtube.com/c/unitedbytrucks
Instagram: @united_by_trucks
Paw Paw '68 508 Dark Blue Custom C10
Teddy '68 GMC SWB 503 Light Green LS Build
Mississippi Mud '75 Skyline Blue Patina SBC Build
GAc10boy is offline   Reply With Quote