View Single Post
Old 12-11-2016, 12:36 PM   #28
1971_c10

Re: C10CJ: A Pro-touring '71 Stepside on a No Limit Pro-C10 Chassis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Advanced Design View Post
Well Chris, that is a very impressive LS rabbit hole you've gone down. Seems I remember Don Hardy race cars for V8 Vega kits back in the late 70's or early 80's.

Chassis and powertrain looks really good!
Thanks! I may be down the rabbit hole, but not complaining.

And yep, Don Hardy has been around a while. I didn't realize he had a small hot rod shop making engines until recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooseknuckles View Post
wow, I love that motor...and the chassis is pretty sweet too, and the wheels, and pretty much everything else. awesome build!
Thanks a bunch man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
That looks awesome, Don Hardy has been around a long time. They mention the above in there website bio. Again , that frame and engine look terrific.
Thanks! Yeah the 418 cu in is a popular combo. I said, if it's good enough for Rodger Brogdon it's good enough for me!

In all seriousness though, it's was crazy that I could get a built LS long block with the same specs as what I was about to buy for a SBC, for the same cost as just the parts for the SBC! I then went all bling crazy because I knew I would do it eventually so might as well do it now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustylew View Post
Did you go with the standard 61" rear axel and 61-1/2" up front??
I kept the standard 61" rear 61.5" front. It's a balancing act. For turning corners you want a wide track, but you also want a wide contact patch (i.e. tread section). Then you start pulling in look, with things like lip depth affecting the overall look and it makes a big difference. The 61" seemed like a good compromise. I had thought about going with a slightly more narrow rear, to get an even bigger lip, but with the slightly convex spokes, it gives a deeper lip with a deeper backspace, which is normally opposite (deeper backspace is usually shallower lip).

Build Thread for my '71 Pro-Touring: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=722029
My C10 has it's own facebook page! www.facebook.com/c10cj - it is a public page so no facebook account required to browse through.
1971_c10 is offline   Reply With Quote