View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #11
SCOTI

Re: you want to change your 5X5 bolt pattern on 73-87 disc to 5X4.75

Quote:
Originally Posted by 502tripower View Post
I researched this route(in my case it would have been 25.00 per rotor plus studes) but was afraid the redrilling could compromise the integrity of the rotor as part of the webbing on the back of the rotor hub has to be removed in order to redrill. Not to mention the hassle of replacement parts. This way all replacement parts are OEM and available at your local parts store.
The rotors on my 74 were re-drilled to car pattern & the snout of the hub was turned down to car pattern as well (they were stock Raybestos GM 1/2 ton 1.25" 5x5 rotors). They've seen daily use since '02 w/no issues (been turned one time).

The use of 1LE rotors on LT duty truck spindles would work for a limited use application. But one of the first upgrades made to F-bodies is bigger/better brakes (rotors) that don't warp as easily as the stockers would/could.
99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote