View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #120
capev86

Re: Pictures of your Motorcycle

my (other) pride and joy....1972 CB350 twin with original paint, custom $$$ electronic ignition, bored out, ported & polished, backcut valves, racing air filters hidden under stock side covers. my dad bought it in '79 and he is buddies with the first two owners. i got my licence in '99 and have driven it up to laconia nh for bike week the last several years and the other 3 owners went up with me again this year. this bike has also been to the top of the mt washington (way back in the day). this pic is from bike week last summer as i haven't gotten to downloading the latest pics yet. always has run mobil 1 but now sports the 10w-40 cycle version at 8 bucks a quart. i love taking it and showing people up....you don't have to have an expensive harley, crotch rocket or gold wing to enjoy cycling and i'd rather be different anyway. i let the younger guys (i'm 30 now) go out and kill themselves burning gas, money and ego on super fast rides. this little sweetheart just hums along and i have never found any other bike to be more enjoyable. yes it is better suited to short jaunts and 40-50mph back country rides but handles the 1.5 hour partial highway trip to bike week (and other gatherings) with little fuss.

right behind it is my dad's current cruiser.....86 shadow 500.

[IMG][/IMG]

and my 81 silverwing i picked up a couple years ago for 50 bucks and made my money back by selling the aftermarket windshield that was on it. this is a naked bike but i have a set of matching saddlebags (and mounting gear, etc) and the dual disc front brake upgrade (including larger bore master cylinder) from an 82 silverwing interstate (skipping on adding the interstate fairing....i like the look and feel of an open front). also looking to get a euro spec honda cx500 18 inch rear wheel that looks like the stock "reverse comstar" 16 incher. i can run a lower profile (but bigger diameter) rear tire for lower rpms and it will look better (this bike has a 19 inch front wheel). the pic is of it sitting in my yard back when i first got it but it is now safely tucked away in the shed awaiting its turn with the wrench. i have mobil 1 motorcycle oil for it and also changing out the other fluids as well as planning a tune up and new tires. with water cooling, shaft drive, etc it will make a great daily driver bike for summer and i can enjoy cylcling without wracking up tons of miles on the 350. it also came with a low profile trunk that replaces the passenger seat and matches the bodywork and actually picks up the pinstrike on the saddlebags

[IMG][/IMG]

i have an aluminum cycle carrier so as soon as i get a 2x2 receiver on my 72 burb i will be able to take both the burb and my cb350 to vintage car shows!

when i get my 86 aries wagon (resto, 2.5 intercooled turbo, shelby brakes and chassis, etc) done i hope to haul both bikes to florida for daytona bike week and perhaps out to SD for the sturgis gathering as well in the years ahead....

Last edited by capev86; 06-22-2010 at 11:25 PM.
capev86 is offline   Reply With Quote