Thread: S10 Swap how to
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2014, 12:44 PM   #13
MARTINSR

Re: S10 Swap how to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone$ View Post
Keep up the great work... and thanks
Im in the process of a s10 swap so looking forward to you updating this.Now looking back i might of kept the stock chassis

Im new to the classic car/truck game but one thing is for sure everybody has a right to their own opinion . I also know that guys/gals spend countless hrs blood and sweat on these trucks and cars regardless if its a full resto or a resto mod or a frankenstein project respect should be given.
I would never drive a 64 impala that had gold flake paint and 13" wheels and hydraulics but i will respect the car and guy for a vision and hard work.
You are right on respect, IF we are talking directly about someones work. It would be seriously out of line for someone to post their work and someone say "That sucks, you do horrible work and should have poured gas on that truck burning it to the ground instead".

But in a general sense saying, "Frame swaps are WAY over done and it's just plain wrong" is not insulting anyone and if it is, they really need to loosen up.

I am building a chopped and sectioned truck, I am making serious body mods, a lot of people don't like this, and that's fine. I don't take it personal (even when someone HAS said directly to me I am ruining my truck) it's opinions that make the world go around.

If done right, most anything is a good mod, if done right. The frame "swap" thing has just gone to where newbe's think it MUST be done "you can't drive an old car on modern roads" (HUH? says the guy who drives a '59 Rambler every day).

Thus the general comment "Do your homework before you think it is the cat's meow" shouldn't insult anyone, if it does, wow, really, they need to get over it.

This thread, it is showing some EXCELLENT work and I personally will be watching just to see that excellent work and how this VERY SERIOUS mod can be done properly.

Brian

"Fan of most anything that moves human beings"
MARTINSR is offline   Reply With Quote