View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 03:34 PM   #1
WIDESIDE72

93 350 TBI no spark

I am having trouble with my 93 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 that I swapped a 97 Vortec 350 into. I kept the TBI by using a Crusader marine intake to adapt the TBI to the Vortec heads. About a week ago, I was driving down a bumpy gravel road and the truck started to cut out, then quit. It would barely crank over like the battery was dead. I have fuel pressure gauge and noticed no fuel pressure. I was afraid that the pump had failed again, but also noticed that the ground strap between the engine and frame had broken. (My buddy pointed out that his truck has a ground from the body to the engne at the firewall, but when I bought this truck, the previous owner had blown the engine and had pulled the old engine, so I was playing it by ear when I installed he ground.) It had been running fine up til this. I fixed this with a new wire and now the starter cranks the truck fine, and I have fuel pressure, but no spark. I tried changing the ignition module, then the whole distributor, and the coil. I am getting power at the red wire at the coil. I wonder if I burnt out the computer or chip with the bad ground. (?)

Thanks for any help you can offer.
WIDESIDE72 is offline   Reply With Quote