Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2017, 09:09 PM   #126
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

As you could tell by the previous pictures I removed the entire interior.....that's when the day turned a lil bad.....

I have bought a 24 gallon gas tank to replace the one that was in it...it is supposed to fit exactly where the old one does...it will arrive Tuesday so we will check the fir once it arrives.

It took a little time to get the tar paper, for lack of a better term, out of the truck, I removed the firewall pad and all of the insulation under the dash....it was kinda ratty and smelled so I removed it all....My plan was to get all the new firewall grommets installed, heater box and all the wiring back in the engine back in hopes that the motor could be set back in when I get the few motor parts I need...wire looms, spark plus wire shields etc....

Well once I removed the tar paper stuff I noticed what seemed like a crack in the floor panel.....og how I wish it was just a crack...evidentially this had been repaired before with Bondo...yes sports fans there was over 5/8" worth of bondo and as we all know once you start seeing a crack...it never stops till all of the bondo is removed.....My only saving grace is that this seems to be the only real area that is going to need some work.

Unfortunately I have never done this before and I will have to teach myself how to weld this back....I know its a learning curve but gotta learn sometime and there is no time like the present......so this is what I found once the bondo was removed...I guess bondo and undercoatring hide a bunch of stuff
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote