Thread: Johns 66
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2017, 08:03 PM   #130
Johns 66

Re: Johns 66

Well today was a pretty exciting day to say the least....after church went to a birthday party for Randy, my brother in law who has been helping me with the truck....and my niece and her husband came over.....of course my truck was a subject of conversation.,,,and the topic turned into that I needed a 700R4 core that I could build....well Jeremy called his friend and low and behold he has one so we went over to pick it up...once I was there I realized I was in junkyard heaven...ironically about 5 miles from my house....the man has several 60-66 trucks in his junk yard in several states of togetherness....well after I got the transmission we started talking bout the old truck , he asked what I was building etc....and the rusted floor board and firewall came up.

Last night I searched and only could find floor board patch panels,,,no firewalls patch panels...So as I was telling him that he said well there is a patch panel right there if you want it...all you gotta do is take it out and its yours. He said he would take 40.00...Needless to say I will be taking him up on his offer this week. Its hard to believe he is gonna let me cut the cab of this truck up and take what I need for 40.00. What is more amazing to me is that I will be able to cut out exactly what I need...of course I'm gonna cut it bigger than I need but I will be able to get firewall, floor panel and kick panel...all together in one fell swoop...I am so excited because the thought of me having to make this from scratch having never done this before was kinda daunting.....So today I got my rebuildable tranny and my patch panels for 100.00....Life is Good...Now just gotta charge my batteries and get some sawzalll blades and go to town on it...YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attached Images

Johns 66 is offline   Reply With Quote