View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 02:32 AM   #6
abig84

Re: Looking through the parts board today ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Most anything good that is listed at a reasonable price gets snatched right up by one of a few High Octane parts flippers rather than to someone who is going to use it. I'd say it has all but lost it's "sense of community, help a brother out" vibe it once had. It's get all you can everywhere you go.
Yeah I kinda talked about that in the Craigslist post. Even at flea markets, other vendors go around before everyone else and buy up anything they can resale, I sold at a flea market about 10 years ago and we were swarmed unloading the trailer by vendors and sold half our stuff before the place even opened. I sold stuff just to get rid of it not to make a living off of it

Seeing how much all this stuff is worth now I hate to think of all the stuff I thrown away over the years. 15-20 years ago 80s trucks were pretty much free. Body's were usually garbage so I usually just gutted them and threw out the rest. Could only store so much but I do have ton of parts still laying around that come in handy during my last build and current build
abig84 is offline   Reply With Quote