View Single Post
Old 07-15-2018, 09:38 AM   #10
raggedjim

Re: Looking through the parts board today ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by atog View Post
I agree with you 100% I have searched high and low looking for certain parts throughout the state without any luck several times. Then jump on the Forumn and there it is at a reasonable price, without any drive time or countless hours of searching. I have on several occasions bought whole trucks just to get the gems I’m looking for ( steering wheels, buddy bucketss, tilt columns, tachs, am/fm radios, spicer hub, oh oh and tow hooks ) All of these parts I have put back in secret hidden places ( sometimes from myself) for future projects. The problem with that is now you need to get rid of the rest of the parts. What I have found though is if priced fairly they will move quickly. I personally feel this helps out fellow c10 enthusiasts within the Forumn. Unfortunately due to my work schedule I can’t take as much time off I would like to. If I could I would like to set up at local swap meets to flip these unneeded treasures. I think it would also give me the opportunity to meet some really cool individuals that are as passionate these trucks as I am. I can honestly say I do not remember ever selling a part I purchased off the board. I’m a hoarder and hate to get rid of my newly found gems. If using the set off tow hooks under the front seat or the tach cluster on the rear seat of the truck as a way in to purchase parts from that collector that will not sell, that I will do. So guilty as charged on that case. It seems like most people today don’t want the hassle of selling at swap meets or Craigslist or dealing with countless people. I have bought truckloads of parts from people like this on several occasions, some even High Octane members. I feel I get a better deal buying in bulk. Sometimes yes sometimes no. Then I’m back to the old deal of flipping the parts I will not be using. All in all it’s a great hobby or pastime which I am fortunate to be able to do. We all have childish things we collect that bring found memories of days past, which at times we spend more than it’s worth to have. My collection is parts. All which I have acquired through countless hours of sometimes hard work, but extremely proud of. I try to help others when I can, and enjoy doing so. I hope wearing the red hat does not change that for me ever.
Atog, I have bought from you in the past and felt I got what I needed at a good price.

I went through the swap meet at the Southeastern Nationals yesterday, pricing is going up, not as much negotiating room as there used to be. I think it may be because there is so much money being sunk into these trucks now. I'm just a poor boy, if I can't grease it, paint it, or bondo it then it ain't getting done!

Good luck, Rg

'68 Short step - https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=849675
'69 ('70?) 2wd Blazer
'70 GMC Jimmy 2wd
raggedjim is offline   Reply With Quote