View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 09:13 PM   #30
89AKurt

Re: I'm legit again, my "new" '68 LB

Quote:
Originally Posted by '68OrangeSunshine View Post
They're called Air Vents. LMC lists new seals [p/n 38-7420] and knobs [p/n 30-2630]. My catalog is old so you'll have to look up current pricing.
Clean them up. If you're lucky the little 1/4'' dia. spring-loaded pivot pins at 12 0'clock and 6 0'clock aren't rusted out. They snap into 1/4'' holes at 12 and 6 on the cab kick panel.
If they're AFU, you'll have to source them from junkyards, parts dismantlers, WTB ad, the usual. I call them ,,Mexican A/C''.
EDIT: Good news -- LMC now sells repro vent doors. P/N: 38-5348 [+9] Bad news -- they're $50 each.

Hey Kurt, You were looking for a better solution to pot metal heater control levers?
Here you go: www.oldairproducts.com
P/n: 50-7725B ''67-72 Chevy/GMC Non-Air Heater Only, Lever Controls w/ Black Face'' [Steel]. ....$28.50

Thanks for helping out! I really need to look closer on the cab's hole, I felt around for the pivot holes earlier. I ain't buying a new unit, that's something I can live with, or if I have to, have a plan to make sheet metal pivot pieces.

I see the whole heater unit is more reasonable than expected, so that is on my wish list. I'm also tempted to buy new taillight and backup light lenses, after replacing the wiring harness. Some things I will buy new, if safety or comfort related, and can't be scratch-built.

I need to search and find how to adjust the hood, that can't be difficult, can it?
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...nge+adjustment

My first job of hauling, was out of firewood, snow is coming again, and since no woodcutters have any now due to the weather and being colder than "normal", got some from my mom. LOL
First job by Kurt Womack, on Flickr