View Single Post
Old 12-31-2010, 08:31 PM   #1
Mieser3

Mieser's 71 Short Wide Project

I've been wanting to start my build thread for quite a while now and I finally got some free time to do it. This is my project, a 71 short wide. I found the truck through craigslist here in Kansas. Drove 2 hours one way to go look at it and was pleasantly surprised at how solid the truck was....although it was HIDEOUS looking with it's coat of brown primer. The truck has minimal rust (little bit in the driver's side cab corner, some small spots in the windshield seam, some moderate surface rust on the driver's side floor and a small spot on the bottom front corner of the driver's side door which had been patched before). Finding a cab this good is pretty hard to do here in Kansas. I bought the truck in October and started tearing it down for it's complete restoration. Although I grew up around cars this will be my first solo attempt at completely rebuilding one. I plan on doing as much of the work as I can to save money. My plans are to install a Porterbuilt C10 Stage 2 suspension kit on the front and rear with airbags. I also love the look of the 67-68 front ends so I'll be putting one of those front clips on the truck.

Here are some pictures of what the truck looked like when I brought it home.
Attached Images

1956 Chevy 210 Sedan
1970 Camaro Z-28/RS
1970 Chevelle SS 396 (numbers matching L34 car)
1971 Chevy SWB Fleetside with 1967 front clip - in progress
My build thread http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=438156
Mieser3 is offline   Reply With Quote